Resources

Wednesday, August 6, 2014


When I started this class, I thought technology integration was simply using already made youtube videos and lessons in the classroom to supplement physical lectures. I was very skeptical about it all, especially because I only saw the distraction part of it. It seemed that all attention would be drawn away from the teacher and onto screens that may display students hidden games or social media sites. The biggest take-away was from this course was dismissing my fear of technology. I'm learning to embrace it past emailing and googling things I don't know the answers to. My eyes were opened to seeing that this is what our students know, they are "technology natives". They may need guidance on how to use it in a professional and effective manner and that is where teachers come in. It is our responsibility to be teachers and learners of technology to benefit our students' learning experiences. Technology can assist in and produce collaborative creations. It connects people all over the world and can be used as a support and guide for new teachers like myself. I am proud to announce that I have gotten over my annoyance and fear of social media and have created a Twitter account (Follow Me!) to develop a professional learning network.
From this class, I am now comfortable with classroom technology integration and will definitely do my best to include technology in a way that transforms the learning experience. My goal is to prepare students for the future, even at the early grades of K-2, and that can not be done without the use of technology. Digital-age learners need a digital-age classroom and a teacher who can guide them through their explorations with technology.
image: pixabay

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,
    It's great to see how you've learned and changed over the course. You kept an open mind and are now ready to recognize and evaluate new opportunities for meaningful technology integration. Best of luck on your teaching journey.

    ReplyDelete